Whether you’re staying in Goa, or just taking a short vacation, you’d know that eating out in the state can be an eye-watering experience. But here’s some interesting news! There are huge bargains to be had if you know where to look.
And by that, I mean in your App Store.
Let me tell you a bit about my latest discovery – Dubl’up! It’s an app that makes eating out in Goa extremely affordable, especially if you’re footing the bill. Dubl’up has a collection of offers from Goa’s finest cafes and restaurants across a wide range of cuisines at literally half the price – that’s because you get two of everything on the app for the price of one!
In fact, the app not just helps you save on dining out, but also on hotel stays, gym membership and even salon and spa experiences! Once you download the app and register yourself, you’re already in for a treat – a complimentary Dubl’up offer!
Then, as a customer, you literally have a plethora of options to choose from. From the ever-popular Aunty Maria’s, the classic O’Coqueiros, and even newbie Habanero, you can walk in to over 80+ restaurants across the state and avail of buy one get one free offers!
How it works:
- Download Dubl’Up on your Android or iOS phone, sign up and create your own PIN.
- Buy a Dubl’Up Dining Package at Rs. 699/- for food offers or Dubl Up Goa 2017 for Rs. 1499 food offers as well as hotels, spas and gym offers.
- You will now have access to all the offers available on the app and new ones as and when they are updated throughout the year.
- Apply the code DUJADE and save 15% on the package fee! This is only applicable for the 2017 packages, so hurry!
Done? Great – now comes the fun stuff!
- Choose from the list of things to do – going to the spa, eating out, hitting the gym or booking a hotel room.
- Browse hundreds of offers from different outlets and categories. If you choose to dine out, you can pick depending on the type of cuisine you’d like, whether you’re looking for fast food, indoor music, a/c and much more. If it’s a hotel room, take your pick from the kind of property and amenities they provide.
- Make your way to the outlet of your choice and prior to ordering/billing, simply enter your PIN and get the restaurant official to enter the PIN of the restaurant and voila – enjoy a free appetizer, main or dessert when you order one!
When it comes to mathematics, I’m no expert. However, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out how much one can save! Take for instance you get a three month gym membership at Rs. 8000/- and as per Dubl’up’s offer, another three months free! You save Rs. 8000 while spending only Rs. 1,499 by subscribing to the Dubl’up Goa 2017 Package.
And this is not even considering the fact that you’ll probably be eating out all year through and saving more while you’re at it.
Here are a few things you should probably know about the app. Any package you purchase is valid for a calendar year starting from Jan and ending in December and not for a 12 month cycle from, say April 2017 to April 2018. This means that that the later in the year you buy the package, the less validity time it has. But that’s nothing to worry about since you can avail of the package at discounted mid-year and year-end rates.
Goans, plan your next weekend meal at a place you’ve been dying to try out. Holiday-ers, book your stay on the app and go on a food trail of Goa’s best restaurants at half the price, and college kids, call up your equally cash-strapped gang and take them out for the birthday treat you’ve been putting off.
Dubl’up will be available in other cities shortly. Until then, enjoy the food and savings in Goa!
Go forth and download!
See you next time!
Note – This is a sponsored post, however, views, as always, are my own.